Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Abundance of Knowledge


The internet is an amazing thing.  These days, we have an abundance of knowledge right at our fingertips.  Anytime you want to know something, all you have to do is google it and the answer is there within a few seconds.  I’m not sure we fully understand how amazing that is.

Being a small business owner, in the process of starting a new business, this overload of information has been so helpful. There are hundreds of articles about launching a business, how to use Instagram to its fullest potential, how to brand and build a website. I mean, type any of those into Pinterest and you will be overwhelmed with the response. 

And this is great.  Any questions I have can be easily answered with Google or Pinterest, and I can learn from the best.  Reading articles from people that have been there before me is a good way to not make the same mistakes and do things differently.

But there is this huge downfall as well.  It makes me NOT do the actual work.  I keep thinking that I have more to learn.  All I do is read articles, or browse other peoples Pinterest and Instagram pages.  I want all the information before I branch out and do something myself.  And that doesn’t work.  I have to make the mistakes myself, and then learn from them. I have to try and fail, so that I know how to make my business better.  It’s so much easier to plan to do something, and learn how to do something, than it is to actually DO it.

So on that note, I’d like to announce that my new business, Love Others Box, will be launching on May 27th.  (Man, even typing that out was super scary!)  I want to be able to help you show people your thinking of them.  This business fits perfectly with my heart.  I’ll be back on Monday to give you more details and I am so excited to share this little piece of my heart with you.


PS: I hope you enjoyed some photos from Notre Dame!  It was so beautiful to finally see this cathedral from the Disney movie I've seen so many times!


No comments:

Post a Comment