Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Our new love!

Y’all! Elaina and I have recently become OBSESSED with geocaching.  Obsessed seems a like a strong word, but I think we went 5-6 times last week.  Even over our lunch break one day.  It is so much FUN!

Don’t know what geocaching is??  Let me give you the basics.  Someone goes out into nature (on public property) and hides a “cache.”  Then they give you the coordinates of where it is hidden and maybe a couple of clues or hints on how to find it.  You can use the map on your phone, a hand held GPS or the geocaching app to go out and find the cache.  Then you sign the log that is left inside.  That is how people know who has been there.




They are everywhere!  It’s amazing how we drive by so many of them for years and never know they are hiding right off the road.

And they come in all sizes.  I found one last week that was about the size of the end of my pinky finger.  It was so small.  And then others come in ammo cans or Tupperware containers.  Some contain toys or trinkets and other only have a log.

               
Elaina and I went out last Thursday and had the best time we’ve had in years.  I really felt like I was a kid again.  I hardly have any photos from the day because we were too busy just having fun.  There should be more days like that.  We saw so much wild life: Red-headed woodpeckers, a red shouldered hawk, and a bald eagle.  A BALD EAGLE!!!  HOW COOL IS THAT?? Elaina almost fell off her bike as we stopped suddenly to watch it fly over us.  So amazing!


I suggest you go out and try it!  It is like a modern day treasure hunt!

Click HERE for the website to get you started and see more details about geocaching.

Please leave a comment if you go out and find a few caches.  I’d love to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment