Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Favorites: Blogs I Love

According to what I’ve read about blogging, having a series to use every week will help me be more consistent.  So I’m going to start a “Friday Favorites” series where I discuss a few of my favorite things.  (Did anyone else just think of Mary Poppins??) The first few posts will be all about the blogs that I follow regularly.  Maybe you’ll find something you like and get inspired by these ladies as well!

First up is Whitney Newby from Elm Street Life.  This is really the blog that started everything for me.  Back in early 2012, I found her bow clutch tutorial on Pinterest and tried my hand at sewing.  Even though I have a background in sewing, with both of my grandmas being seamstresses, her DIY post made it all fun again.  After clicking around on her blog and reading some of the other posts, I was hooked on what she had to say.  This blog is a nice mix of DIY, recipes, and everyday life. 

Shortly after I started following her, she became a mom to a cute little blonde haired boy.  It’s nice to read her insights into parenting.  And how she is teaching her son about Jesus and his love for us.  Hopefully I can learn something to use in the future.  Baby number two is on the way now and I can’t wait to read what she has to say about having a little girl.


So head on over to her site, I’d love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment