Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Thoughts on Blogging


Displaying JBO_5020.jpg

I’m sure I've said this before on here, but blogging is HARD.  When I started this blog at the beginning of the year, I had big dreams and lots of ideas.  Or so I thought.  Then reality set in and life got busy.  It takes time to research, take good photos, find topics people care about, and write a post.  Working full time and running Faithfully Made on the side already takes a lot of time. What was I thinking when I thought I could also write 3 or 4 times a week??

And next, fear set in.  What do I have to say that other people want to read about?  What if so and so reads it and then they think differently of me??  I don’t want to offend anyone or say something that might upset someone else. My iphone pictures don’t look as nice as the photos on all of my favorite blogs.  How will I ever make this blog work for me??

The other day while driving home, I had the idea that at the beginning of the year I’d do better about blogging.  I decided to give myself grace and not worry about everything being perfect.   I would write what I wanted to remember and not worry about what other people thought.  I could use this blog as a “scrapbook” of life to place pictures and memories.  And if I have something to say about a book or life in general, I can use it for that too.  On that same drive home it hit me, why wait until January??  There is nothing special about January 1st.  It is still just another day.  And while I do love January 1st, and getting a fresh start every year, why not start today on this new blogging journey??  Grainy pictures and all. :-)

Then, today I read a post about blogging (you can find it here!) and the author said that I do have something to say and that I was capable of being a blog owner.  And I BELIEVED her! 

So, here I am!  Writing my first post in almost two months.  And the plan is to keep blogging regularly.  About random stuff until it turns into something not random.  Please feel free to join me, follow along, read about a little piece of my life and share some of yours with me in the comments.  I’d love to have you on this journey into blogging with me. Whatever that may look like in the future.

(Oh, and my next post is already being planned!  It will be about these awesome photos I had taken by J Overby Photography!)

No comments:

Post a Comment