Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

November 8-9 Weekend Recap

Some weekends are busy and at the end you feel more tired than rested.  You need to take Monday off to recover from all the activities.  This past weekend was the exact opposite.  We were busy all weekend, but my heart is full and I feel completely restored.  Every minute was filled with good friends, fellowship, or quality time with my husband.

Friday night started with a house warming party for some friends who just bought their first house.  The new place is AMAZING.  Think historic meets modern, with a splash of Pinterest.  The previous owners had updated every aspect of this historic home (including an outside grilling/fire pit/patio area and a tree house!), and then left it all for our friends to enjoy!  I should have taken a picture or two; it was perfect!

 After lazing around with Phil all day on Saturday, we went out to dinner and darts for a long time friends birthday!  Hanging out and playing darts with these guys and gals was so much fun.  Our group in darts had no idea how to play, so we all cheered if it hit the board, even if you were on the other team.  I haven't had so many belly laughs in a long time.  Happy Birthday Matthew!


The past few weeks at church we've been doing a "Breaking Bread" series.  It's been all about food through out the Bible and the Lord's Table.  So this Sunday, a few families hosted lunch at their house after church.  We've only been going to the church for about a year, and don't know that many people.  It was so nice to be able to have one-on-one time with a few members of the church and get to know them better.

I got to do something this weekend I've never done - I was part of a proposal plan.  :-)  And she said YES!!  There was a picnic and waterfalls and a photographer involved.  So much FUN! And I'll be sure to post a picture once the cute couple makes it publicly known!  Eeeekkkk...can't wait!

I hope your weekend was as fulfilling as mine!  I'd love to hear all about yours in the comments. 

UPDATE!  Here is the picture of the newly engaged couple!!


No comments:

Post a Comment