Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Reading List


One of my goals this year is to read 15 books!  That seems like a big number without an idea of what I'd like to read.  So today, I'm going to share with you a list of books for the upcoming year.

I've ALWAYS loved to read. When I was a kid, you could find me curled up in the corner with a book all the time.  Getting swept away to another land or falling in love with the main character is my favorite feeling.  Even now, Phil will walk in the bedroom at 1am to me crying over a really good book.  Reading is a huge part of my life.

But, this is the first year that I've started off with a list of books I'd like to read.  I normally finish a book, and then spend the next few weeks trying to figure out where to go from there.  Or getting over not having the characters in my life anymore (anyone else do this??).  So I wanted to try something different and come up with a list of books to pick from.

Usually, I only read fiction books.  I'm a huge fan of Young Adult fiction and currently I am re-reading the Harry Potter series.  With that being said, this year I am going to try to mix it up and read from some different genres.  I think it will help me to grow in other areas of my life and maybe learn a thing or two along the way.  I'm also going to try to keep my GoodReads account up to date, so at the end of the year I can see a record of what I've read. It took me a little while to get used to using GoodReads and now I love being able to see the dates I started and finished a book.

So..here it is!  I'd love to hear any recommendations you have too!

Fiction
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Selection
The Elite
The One
All the Light We Cannot See

Business
#GIRLBOSS
Make It Happen

Spiritual
Crash the Chatterbox
Ordering Your Private World
Weird

Life
Let's All Be Brave
The Best Yes
If You Find This Letter

2 comments:

  1. so faith, you have inspired me, I think I am going to try and read my age in books this year! I will aim for 25 and the 26th one (if I make it ) can be my one to grow on! I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I will pass the 15 goal. I've already found more books I want to read.

      Delete